Three Idiots is a nice very nice movie. Positive, happy, cheerful and makes you laugh. And I guess that’s all that we seem to want from a movie now a days.. atleast I do. So I can watch a stupid All The Best, Ajab Prem ki gajab kahani (on VCD, going to a multiplex or a theater is reserved for Amir Kahan type movies).
But if one really thinks 3 idiots is the story of three “Boy” / Male idiots. I am not be sexist in saying this, but still today in X% of families the pressure is on the Male child to “become successful (read rich , with good job , car, flat and bank balance) in the other remaining Y% there is pressure on the girl child too to study to get good marks , so that they get good “families” ( aaj tak point ye nahi samjh aaya ki shaadi karke kisko kaun sa laddu mila hai.. but nahi yahan baacha peda nahi hua .. ki shaadi ka thought comes… which includes me….)
So well .. going back to 3 idiots, there should be girl version too.. then their should be a men version and woman version. The girl version can have many forms… thoda melodrama jyada hoga.. because being a woman I know… women live with melodrama as their basic fodder in life.. that’s how we are programmed if you may. See now I know there are no nonsense women… but even those no-nonsense women also have 10% melodrama … and PHLEASE if any one ho is reading this is a feminist… please this is not about feminism .. I am pro anything and everything that improves the lot of we women… but you know we are our worst enemy… all of us… “Pati kya khayega.. who banoa”, “beta kya khayega who banoa”… “My husband / partner (I always write this… shaadi karo na karo none of my business bhai) wont like this colour dress”.. “I will ask my husband and get back”….. sala ek decision apne ko central point bana ke nahi lete … and again “women care for family “ hence we do this is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT WE GIVE OURSELVES…..
Ok… sorry.. lets go back:
Version of 3 idiot Girls:
- Didn’t study beyond school-Bhai had to go to school ( none of us fall in this social strata , I know)
- Studied to get married “WHILE FINAL EXAMS WERE NOT EVEN STARTED” of “Graduation” or Post Grad.
- Studied , got a job: Quit after shaadi kyun ki mera pati uska khandan and uska career mere devta hai
So the movie will have these 3 protagonist breaking away these shackles to live life at their terms and still have a good family life (that’s the moot point…. Girls should believe they can have best of both the worlds)
Version of 3 idiots Women:
- Women suffering from Domestic Violence
- Women living life as “WIFE” of so-&-so
- Infidelity/ I-Me-Myself husband was a passing phase, now its all fine
So the movie will have these 3 protagonist breaking away these shackles to live life at their terms.. and in this either bring a positive change or walk out will be and should be the end
Version of 3 idiots Men:
- Bad job continue for family or Bad marriage continue for family (I told you this is not about feminism.. men too can be stuck with a wrong partner.. but infidelity is not the cure)
- Trapped in I-Me-myself syndrome with everything including them falling apart
- Doing things because that’s how they will win the rat race
So the movie will have these 3 protagonists finding what they really want….
After reading this you surely can say .. “Yeah, sure… ek Chetan bhagat hua ek ye madam hain”… :)
That’s the beauty of the blogs.. they are like monologues… you can’t interrupt :)